Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11

I feel like I’m the only blogger in the world not doing a tribute to a 9/11 victim. Does that mean I don’t care? No, it doesn’t. I just feel weird about jumping on the bandwagon when it comes to things like that. As if I’m doing it just because everyone else is or just because I’m supposed to do it.

Kind of like when everyone put American flags on their cars in the days right after 9/11. Again, I didn’t feel like doing it even though everyone else was. In fact, I remember thinking “I wonder what will happen to these flags in a few months or years?” Seems I was right. It’s not like everyone goes around now with a flag on their car all the time.

9/11 was an awful tragedy. A brutal and senseless terrorist attack. I’m just choosing to reflect on it and remember it in my own way.

No comments: